We provide visitors to speak on Hinduism and related topics. By setting up a shrine and display, we can bring the temple to your school!
Presentations are highly interactive using a range of resources and artefacts.
We cater to all age groups from pre-school up to post-16 and we aim to provide learning experiences and resources that are authentic, exciting and accessible.
A visit to your school may include the following options:
|– Basic or full display with shrine
– Dressing in traditional Indian clothes
– Few interactive presentations
– Mock Hindu Wedding
– Kirtan or traditional music
|– Yoga and meditation
– Storytelling, role-playing
– Traditional cooking workshop
– Questions and answer sessions
|– Moral ethical and topical issues
– Music and the arts
– Hindu festivals
– Animal rights, cow protection and vegetarianism
|– India, its history, values and culture.
– The deities, worship and sacred texts
– The environment and natural living
– Atman, karma, samsara and moksha
All day presentations
A Hindu day could be as follows:
Interactive presentation (65 min, 08:30-09:35)
Havan and mock wedding (65 min, 09:35-10:40)
Break 1 (20 min, 10:40-11:00)
Dress up and traditional face paint (65 min, 11:00-12:05)
Traditional Indian Cooking (60 min, 12:05-13:05)
Lunch Break (60 min, 13:05-14:05)
Traditional music workshop (25 min, 14:05-14:30)
Bazaar (25 min, 14:30-14:55)
Yoga and meditation (15 min, 14:55-15:10)
Questions and Answers (15 min, 15:10-15:25)
We can tailor our visit to your needs so call us and we can design a visit especially for you within your budget. Our fee is £65+VAT per hour of teaching and 70p per mile return.
Book online here or call us on 01923 859578