Heart of Hinduism teacher Resources Pack
In helping learn and teach about Hinduism, IES strives to publish and present educational material that:
- Is accurate, authentic and accessible
- Recognizes diversity
- Carefully classifies complex material
- Promotes academic and moral discernment
- Values individual agency
- Promotes the well-being of all
Our 2004 Heart of Hinduism teacher Resources Pack is an extensive exploration of the above. We are pleased to now offer an online version of our Heart of Hinduism pack here
The following fact sheets are available for both student and teacher.
- Twelve Main Hindu Deities download here.
- Twenty-five Interesting Facts about Hinduism download here.
Please note: IES adds to these Fact Sheets each term. If there is no information yet here on topics which interest or engage you, then please feel free to contact us.
Story and narrative is a useful, way-in to exploring the dynamic and often complex relationships between:
- Knowledge and belief
- Practice and conduct
- Values and attitudes
Story is helpful in promoting a shared human wisdom, transcending any specific faith or worldview.
Please click on the appropriate story from the list below:
- The Bundle of Sticks (Key Stages 1-2) download here.
- Again Become a Mouse (Key Stages 1-2) download here.
- The Sadhu’s Blessings (Key Stages 2-3) download here.
Teaching about Hinduism is both challenging and rewarding. The many deities are both bewildering and opportunities for profound discussion. Hindu philosophy is extensive, but most suitable for promoting critical, reflective thought. More than anything, Hinduism embraces all the senses, and makes for exciting learning!
The following ‘learning experiences’ are samples only and teachers are encouraged to use and modify them to enhance their own initiative and creativity. Further ideas are found on the Heart of Hinduism Teacher Pack published by ISKCON Educational Services.
- The Namaste Greeting download here
- Diwali Activities download here
- The Significance of Light download here
- Hindu symbols download here
For general queries, or for further information on any of our services, please contact us on: 01923 859578.